Tuesday, March 18, 2014

What I have taken from the Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

I finally realize that there are things that I have to accept, like the OCD.  I cannot change other people or their reactions, lifestyles, or beliefs.  Jesus Christ died for them as well as for me.  It is a mistake to allow oneself to carry the burden of the rest of the world.  That is how I feel about the specified issues that I face. 

 The only thing I can do is to live my own life not just for me, but for the Lord.  My priorities have been wrong all along.  Why it took me so long to come to this point, I will never know.  I realize that it does not even matter.  All I know is that I cannot profess Christianity and not set realistic priorities.  God should have been the number one priority in my life.  

I do want to live for and serve Jesus Christ, but I cannot do that if I keep worrying and not reading his word and seeking his face.  I have had fears and doubts that I need to deal with one at a time.  I have made mistakes along the way, but now is no longer the time to focus on the past but to fear God, live for the moment, and being wise enough to not just make it through the day.  I have yet to set any goals and I have been procrastinating because I have allowed internal struggles take over.  Yep the problem is not the world, but it is with me.  I have to fight the good fight of faith.

No comments: