Monday, March 10, 2014

Strengths and limitations

What are my strengths and limitations?  I think that the greatest strength is that I can do something about my compulsive issues.  I now give it up to God.  What does He want me to do?  How does He want me to go about dealing with it?  Does He even want me to deal with it?  What do I do?  I have managed to identify the problem and that is a good thing.

My greatest limitation is that I don't know that I have strength.  My strength does come from the Lord.  The truth is, I don't know my own strength.  I have difficulty applying those truths that I have learned from to my own daily life.  I have a compulsion issue and while the obsessive thoughts are largely gone, I still have to work through, deal with, or overcome the compulsions.

It is not a great thing to want to go at it alone.  I have had so much information at my disposal that I became lost.  I have received pamphlet after pamphlet and meal plan after meal plan.  I wondered if I should count carbs or calories or points.  Right now I am counting points and so far, it is working...so far it isn't as frustrating as I thought it would be.

No comments: