Sunday, March 16, 2014

Embracing my crush on Mickey Rourke

I have come to realize that there are things that I just need to embrace.  I wanted the crush on Mickey Rourke to end.  Now I don't really want it to end.  I admit that I was not having an obsession, but it was actually quite innocent.  I didn't go all stalker on him or anything like that.  I was concerned that I would never be a fan of his because I thought I was obsessed with him.  I am embracing my crushes, obsessions, and compulsions.  The fact that I will never truly know him or meet him doesn't bother me.  The fact that he doesn't have conventional good looks doesn't bother me either.  In fact, having an adult crush isn't so bad after all.  I wasn't sure if I would have a good handle on it because of my past, but it is just that: the past.  I am not worried about someone laughing at me or thinking that I am crazy about having a crush on a middle-aged white man who doesn't even know that I am alive.  All of that is okay.

No comments: