Sunday, June 22, 2014

I love my hair

So I decided to braid my hair last night.  It wasn't that bad.  In fact, I loved doing so.  It softened my hair, detangled my hair, and it left with the full length of my hair.  This morning, I tried to have it fixed the way I wanted to.  It was an epic fail.

So what I decided to do was a roller set using foam wrap.  Hopefully, I will end up with better results.  I would like to know what it would be like to have hair straightened out without heat.  I tried straightening my hair with heat.  Needless to say, it was a fail.  It didn't last and it became a waste of time.  I am not against using heat to straighten hair, but at the same time, I know there are pros and cons when it comes to doing so.

I just hope it turns out well.  I have been natural for a while now and I like being natural.  I have already explained why.  But it is freeing to no longer have to worry about relaxing my hair every six to eight weeks, dying my hair to cover grays, or bleaching my hair because I thought was a cool thing to do.  In the past, I did not take great care of my hair.  In fact, I hated styling my hair.  I took my hair for granted back then.

Now, I no longer do so.  I find myself grateful that I have hair to take care of.  I wash and condition my hair once or twice a week, I co-wash with deep conditioner once a week.  Then I spray on with a homemade leave-in conditioner mix.  It is made of conditioner, water, and oil.  In this case, I use castor oil.  Because of past dryness, itching, and damage, I tend to spray on this leave-in every day.  I love the fact that I can actually do more with my hair.







No comments: