Thursday, October 17, 2013

Wisdom about being thankful

I could use a little sunshine in my life to paraphrase the Clark Sisters.  That is a lovely song by the way.  It is a song of praise to the Lord.  There are times when I fail to be grateful and give God praise.  I wish I could be a more grateful person but it seems that I complain too much. 

Maybe this isn't the case or maybe I am just reflecting.  Maybe I am just doing something else.  Either way, I have much to be thankful for.  It is hard sometimes to notice what one should be grateful for sometimes.  In this world, I admit that I don't always focus on the positive and for me that is why.

I also admit that I need and desire to change my mindset on things.  Happiness and success comes from a healthy mindset.  I had to learn the hard way.  Whether or not the goal is to be more grateful or to lose weight, a person's mindset is of great importance if not vitality.  Yesterday, I have also come to realize that the Preacher in Ecclesiastes is right.  To paraphrase we are to put God first and serve Him only for all of the other things in the world is vanity.

Hopefully, I didn't misinterpret the last sentence or what Ecclesiastes was about.  I was reading some of this book yesterday and it had me to thinking that I was sweating too much of the small stuff and not thinking of the big picture.  My life is a journey and I am thankful for that journey.  Life has its twists and turns and indeed I had my share.  But I am thankful to be where I am at.  There were unpaved roads and such but I had learned a lot from going the wrong way sometimes.

I have learned to follow instructions and carry a map.  Also, I have learned to carry a compass with me wherever I go.  I have become more thankful for all of those wrong turns as well.  How that is possible I will never know.  Maybe I was closer to the destination than I thought.

No comments: