Friday, October 25, 2013

Couponing

Couponing is a hobby of mine.  Not only does it save money, it is also relaxing.  I know I spend a lot on ink, but it is worth it.  I started couponing not too long ago, but I am not an extreme couponer.  I would like to be an extreme couponer.  I do wonder how people save so much and spend so little.  The downside to extreme couponing is that it looks like highway robbery, but legal.  On the other hand, it isn't legal or unethical to do extreme couponing.  It is a time consuming, yet fun activity.  Not everybody can afford to pay for all of their groceries with whatever money they have without coupons so why not save?  I really appreciate those with large families and those who wish to donate to military families and to the poor. 

I wonder how much money stores would really lose or make if everyone would manage to become an extreme couponer.  Like everything else, there are rules that have to be followed and I have never known an extreme couponer to be a rule breaker.  Rules are there for a reason.  Sometimes the good have to suffer those rules along with the bad rule breakers.  The rule breakers are at fault here, not the average citizen and certainly not the average couponer.  It feels good to save money and present coupons at the store.  Like I said, I wonder what it will be like to be an extreme couponer who has little room left in their home because of the fruits of their labor.

No comments: