Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Weight loss goals

"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it."
---- William Arthur Ward

I guess this quote is also a reminder to keep on keeping on.  There will be stumbling blocks along the way.  Reality does kick in which makes a dream hard.  I have learned to remind myself to never give up for this is a journey of life.  Winners never quit and quitters never win.  I want to live and be the game not just talk a good game.  My dream is to be a person who is healthy, wealthy, and wise. Being healthy is a goal of mine that I wish to accomplish not out of guilt but out of necessity.  My feet hurt and I am not as physically able to do the things that I once did or would like to do.  I don't want to be later in my 40s and 50s weighing 350+ pounds wishing and working on being healthier when I could do that right now.  I have lost 10 lbs so far, which is good.  I may have to change my goals no matter what so doing the same thing over and over again and expecting better results over time may not be wise.  My goal is to lose 100 lbs in a year, which is how long I plan to stay on Weight Watchers which is my plan of choice.  I have changed my eating habits by a lot but I still have a long way to go into saying that I have changed completely.  I still have struggles along the way but I have learned that weight loss is a gradual thing and a lifelong thing.  So my specific goal is to lose 100 lbs by next January and also to maintain a healthy weight for life which means that I will have to change my diet and exercise goals along the way.  So after this week, my goal is to lose 9 lbs a month or about 2 lbs a week.  Right now, I am happy with what I have accomplished but I know that this year will be a year of accountability, support, and reminders of what I can accomplish.

No comments: