Friday, February 6, 2015

My weight loss journey and the issue of endurance

These quotes struck me:

"Life is a series of baby steps along the way and if you add up these tiny little steps you take toward your goal, whatever it is, whether it's giving up something, a terrible addiction or trying to work your way through an illness. When you total up those baby steps you'd be amazed over the course of 10 years, the strides you've taken."...Hoda Kotb

"I do what I love to do at the moment. If I wake up tomorrow and decide I want to dance, that's what I'd do. Or design clothes. I think I'd throw myself into whatever I'm doing now. It's not about abandoning what I was doing before, or giving up. It's about knowing that if I die tomorrow, I lived the way I wanted to."---Ayumi Hamasaki

"Growth demands a temporary surrender of security. It may mean giving up familiar but limiting patterns, safe but unrewarding work, values no longer believed in, and relationships that have lost their meaning."---John C. Maxwell

"My best career decision was probably not giving up when I wanted to. God as well as my family and friends were there for me during my toughest times."...Jeremy Lin

I feel like giving up right now.  I have lost weight but it is in those moments when a series of mistakes are made is when I keep making the same mistakes over and over.  However, I am older, wiser, and my resolve has been stronger.  I have admittedly been on Weight Watchers before and I promised myself that I will stay on the program for a year.  Right now I have been on the program for less than 2 months and I have had doubts about staying.  Losing weight has been a struggle for me but with every journey, there are lessons to be learned.  I know that if I were to quit, then I will be left with wasted money, regret, and an unhealthy mind and body.  So far I have lost a few pounds since I have started the program and I feel pretty good.  I am not sure  how much I want to lose actually but even the first ten pounds sound healthy right about now.

No comments: