Monday, February 16, 2015

Think on these things...

Think on these things....Philippians 4:8

I love these words.  I have been doing a study on this verse and I can relate to that.  The Bible speaks to us through its words.  It convicts us and it corrects and guides us.  God's Word is magnificent to say the least.  I can relate this verse to my own situation.  I have had struggles with thinking on things that are true, just, honest, pure, love, lovely, and are of good report.  I just believe that with having obsessive thoughts, it can be an automatic struggle.  I am of the belief that God has the answer to everything and so does His Word.  Having obsessive thoughts are and can be annoying to say the least.  I believe that God's Word is a panacea to my mind as well as the rest of my being.  I realize that this verse is about thinking on the things of God, at least that is how I interpret it.  God's Word is truth.  It replicates His true nature and it gives the good news.  He can give us peace, forgiveness, and salvation.  The thoughts I realize are not based on anything in my life so I realize that best I can do is to not dwell on them.  The best thing I can do is to dwell on what is true.  We are to live holy and so we should also think and meditate on holiness as well.

No comments: