Thursday, November 14, 2013

Insight into Christmas and the world at large

I guess I can write about Christmas.  I like to plan ahead, but I find myself obsessed with budgeting and buying gifts.  It is rough to obsess like shopping for others will be easy.  It is an exciting yet stressful time of the year. 

The thing I love to give.  It is good to receive, but it is better to give.  Giving isn't about receiving something all of the time.  That is one thing that is too wrong with the world.  Too many people only give in order to receive.  That is not right because it is so selfish.  It is no different for those in the church.  I wonder how many people pay their tithes and offerings so that they will be blessed.  Give tithes and offerings for God and the church, not for yourself.

God loves blessing us, but we also have to be a blessing.  We live in a selfish world.  Too many people put themselves first ahead of all others.  Many are also self-righteous and self-serving.  We are supposed to "die to self" daily.  In order to be godly, one has to lose themselves and gain Christ.  That is what love, giving, and holiness are all about.

That is what Christmas should be about.  The latest gadget or toy is nice and all, but what about holiness, righteousness, faith, wisdom, and kindness.  Those things are not one they can wrestle for in the stores like some do with video games and dolls.  A holy person lives for righteousness and is of God and not of the world. 

I know that I was supposed to write about Christmas, but I am glad that it turned to something else.  Sure I am talking about Christmas and I even wrote a video about it.  So ironically all of this does tie together.  For that, I am thankful that God has given me so much insight into life that I didn't know that I had.


No comments: