Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I admit this

I am guilty of this.  I sometimes forget Thanksgiving in favor of Christmas.  I am not proud of that.  It is futile to buy food for Thanksgiving and then seemingly forget about it about a day later.  It is not a holiday of food, but it is a holiday of thankfulness.  I am a person with as much to be thankful for as the rest.

I have a lot to be grateful about.  I just believe that we shouldn't just take time to just celebrate.  However, we should celebrate what we are to be thankful for.  That is what Thanksgiving should be all about.  It should be about honor and tradition, and family.  That is what all holidays seem to be about.

I just feel that way because holidays are on my mind.  There is nothing like having the holiday season on my mind.  It is a good feeling to have.  I am grateful for that.  I am mindful that many have lost their loved ones or their families.  I am one of those people.  I lost my father two weeks before Thanksgiving and it was hard.

I wonder even now how different it would be if he were around.  Sadly, I will never know.

No comments: