Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Being thankful and serving others

I love giving gifts.  Christmas is a great time of the year, but I think that I, like many in the United States, underrate Thanksgiving.  We as Americans have much to thankful for.  Granted, we have a lot of problems, but most of us don't go to bed hungry.  Many people in other countries do.  I am reminded of them quite often and I am not just thankful, but I am grateful that there are people who show love to those who are in need.  I am not always good at expressing myself, but we as believers are to love and serve those in need, not just because it is the right thing to do and that we are supposed to serve.  We are to love those we serve, and that is the reason we do the right thing.  We love our fellow man, woman, and child.

No comments: