Monday, June 10, 2013

Temptation and overcoming cycles

Temptation is such a sexy word.  However, temptation is not sexy.  As a matter of fact, it can be hard.  I am one of those people who are addicted to giving in to my obsessive thoughts.  I feel better and my questions are answered, but at what price?  I end up feeling guilty for giving in to temptation.

Obsessive thoughts are about mulling over a thought that one cannot control.  It is a cycle that can be vicious.  It is up to me to stop this cycle.  With medication temptation has been easier to deal with.  I am doing better since I feel that writing is cathartic for me.  It exposes me and those who read this how I really feel about a situation and it helps me to know what I can do.

I have done so with my weight, my health, and now with temptation.  I feel like not giving in.  In the grand scheme of things, it no longer matters.  I can break the cycle.  It will be hard to do, but trying and succeeding are well worth the effort.

No comments: