Friday, June 28, 2013

Good day

Today was a good day.  I was tired however because I have been up since around 4:30 this morning.  This is one of those times when I surprise even myself.  I cannot believe that I have been up this long and I am not sleepy...not yet.  It is past 8:00 pm.  Sometimes, I don't know my own strengths.  I think that I am a person who needs to affirm myself more.  I like who I am, but there are things I like to change or at least adjust. 

My weight has a lot to do with it.  I once weighed over 300 pounds and I was self conscious about my looks.  I still have that self consciousness.  I have also learned to affirm myself.  I have been under a lot of stress for a long time and it felt good that I am not under that kind of stress at this present moment.  The fact that I lost weight and the fact that I am home and not tired makes me feel good.

It is unusual that i have not taken a nap today.  It is a great break from the usual grind of waking up early in the morning and taking a long, long nap in the afternoon.  I feel like sometimes I wasted time napping though it provides a moment of clarity once I wake up.  If I could take back some of that nap time from over the years, then I would.  What I could be doing?  I don't know, but at least it would be something that is more productive.




No comments: