Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The effect humor has on OCD

Humor is a great medicine for OCD.  I just love to laugh.  I love funny things, but sometimes what someone finds funny, others may find offensive.  I like random things that can be funny, I guess I do.  I just want to laugh.  It is great to have a sense of humor about oneself.  That is the amazing thing about humanity.

I don't mind the occasional joke every once in a while.  Sometimes humor can cross the line but a good clean joke is all in fun and not to be taken seriously.  I am writing about humor because it is something that has been on my mind lately.

Having OCD is not fun and is no joke.  It is no laughing matter having to deal with guilt, anxiety, and fear rolled up into one.  Sometimes a little humor is great for having OCD.  Life is serious, yes, but it is a great distraction from the usual daily grind.

No comments: