Saturday, April 27, 2013

Style change: going lighter

I wondered what it would be like to have a style change.  Well, I did it.  I bleached my hair.  Finally, something different for a change.  It is different from the usually boring Saturday afternoon.  Going blonde or at least partially blonde is something that I wanted to do for years, but last time, it didn't work out.  I realize that I have to be careful whenever I bleach or color my hair as hair weakens due to the chemicals.  What I did was even more risky as my hair is relaxed.  I should have waited.  I am satisfied with the results yet it is quite brassy at the moment.  On the other hand, it matches the reddish-burgundy hair color that I have.  I have spent a lot of time making style changes over the past year.  I am surprised that I have not had any issues with hair damage, breakage, or falling out.  I guess because I managed to keep my hair in good enough condition where I am smart enough at least to never do that again.  I will wait to reveal my hair once it becomes a little bit blonder and a little less red.  It is someone of a orange-honey blonde color which I mentioned ironically goes well with my darker burgundy hair color.  I wish I had used toner and such.  I don't have the blonde highlights shampoo and I don't plan to use it for a while, but it is a style change that I believe in.

No comments: