Saturday, April 13, 2013

Adultery

The Bible says that we shall not commit adultery.  To me adultery is about deception and a lack of loyalty.  We have all committed adultery though a lot of people don't realize it.  It can be repented of.  That is the good news.

The bad news is that it is unethical but a lot of people do unethical things that they don't take responsibility for.  Can a good person commit adultery?  I guess they can.  Does it mean that all adulterers are automatically bad people?  I don't know.  I truly don't know any adulterers.

I am writing about this because I don't know anyone who has cheated.  I do not have an issue with a cheater personally because no one has ever cheated on me.  I cannot imagine the pain a person who has been cheated on goes through.  It is a sad state of affairs when a person who claims to love you doesn't respect the one cheated on or respect the relationship to cheat.

I have been having obsessive thoughts about infidelity and I don't know why.  I have been having these thoughts for years now and while they are manageable, I wish they would go away.  I don't like having these thoughts but the fact that I look for stories about adultery are pleasurable for a season.  It is like sin.  It is or seems pleasurable for a season, but it is deceptive and produces guilt in the end.

I wonder if God forgives me whenever I look for adultery stories or whenever I have these thoughts.  I had one so bad recently that it woke me up.  The adulteress was not a good person.  She never truly loved her husband and cheated with a lot of people.  She did what she could to avoid her husband because she rather be with other guys.  She had two children but they were most likely not her husband's, but other mens'.  This woman was loathesome.  This was basically a worse case scenario and I had no clue about any one like that, though there may be.  I don't have a desire to know this person who is like this at all.  Why would a woman or man be so stupid to cheat on a loving, faithful spouse?  Those are what my thoughts are about.

That is something that I wish to get off of my chest.

No comments: