Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Perfectionist complex

I admit it.  I believe that I have a perfectionist complex.  I have allowed others to determine how I should live.  That is why I care so much for what others think.  I realize that planning to succeed involves not caring what others think.  It also involves planning to overcome this perfectionist complex that I have.  I cared so much not just because I wanted others to like me, but because I wanted to do well.  I have set the bar to high for myself.  I also set the bar too low for myself because of a lack of confidence.  I have to learn to set more realistic goals so that I can succeed.  I am a fallible human being and I cannot recall a perfect, flawless day.  Some days are better than others.  These past few weeks have been good but I have not been perfect any of those days as I recall.  I don't want to set the bar too low because of my mistakes.  How to do that also involves planning.

No comments: