Saturday, January 2, 2016

More conviction and a need to change

Lord, I ask for the clarity that I received yesterday.  You have answered my prayers and continue to do so.  Thank You for the peace of mind You have given me.  I ask for the conviction that I need to watch television and movies.  I am obsessed with some celebrities and I watch movies that feature actors who degrade themselves and who curse and take Your name in vain.  Now I wonder if I should watch some sports like sanctioned sports. I cannot be hypocritical and allow myself to be convicted of videos on You Tube while watching sanctioned sports.  I have allowed my obsessive thoughts to give me too much focus on how I should entertain myself as far as what to watch and listen to.  For instance, I wonder sometimes if I should watch soaps, even though I find them cleaner than say, Jerry Springer.

I sometimes wonder if I should watch indy films and some action films because of the violent content.  I know about avoiding sexual content, but how about violent content?  Sometimes I need to realize that some reality shows and other shows I watch may not also be good for me.  Lord, I am sometimes confused and lack knowledge of how I entertain myself as far as watching some videos, movies, and tv shows, and music videos that I watch and music that I listen to.  I read mainly the Bible as far as books go and some nonfiction.  Lord, give me the answers that I so need.  I am listening and waiting for Your answer.

I ask for wisdom and guidance as to how to spend my time.  I don't spend much time doing other things and I want to.  I need help in every area of my life, including how I spend my time.  I realize that I listen to music and use the computer all the time. Exercise would be a good idea but I rarely or don't do so.  Maybe it is time that I do so.  The only reasons that I live how I live right now is because I am either bored, listening to the opinions of others, or I feel safe and sheltered.  I want to change that.  I have doubts that I can serve You sitting on the computer being entertained most of the day.  I would also like to get out of the house.

I am not free since I often walk on eggshells around people.  I feel like I am being controlled and I have been somewhat convicted but no by You, but by others.  I need You, Lord.  Thank You, O Lord, and I praise You, Lord and Savior.  Forgive me of all of my sins.  I ask that You would grant me peace of mind and freedom from fear, worry, anxiety, and doubt.  I cast all of my cares over to You, for everything detail is important to You.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: