Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Music and OCD

Having OCD is not fun.  Not fun at all.  I realize that I should be thankful, but it is hard to when one deals with mood swings and thoughts that tend to drive me crazy.  Maybe I should just not let it, but those who often give me advice have no clue what it is like.  I wish just want to sing a song, dance, or anything to pass the time.  Anything is better than feeling like I am going crazy.  That too is not a good feeling to have.  Listening to music is quite good.  It soothes the savage beast meaning that OCD is most certainly the savage beast.  I am not sure where that quote comes from but I wonder if who penned that quote had the same issues I had.  Maybe or maybe not, but I wish that music. Sometimes I wish it did more than soothe the savage beast.  I guess music does a lot of good things like dancing to it and other things I can think of at the moment.  Whatever it does, the world would not be the same without music.

No comments: