Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Defining music and the soul

I often post videos because I just love music.  It is good for the mind, body, and soul.  I have wondered what is the soul?  Is it spiritual or just cultural?  Soul music I believe is a cultural thing while the soul is spiritual.  Really, the word soul is just hard to define.  I have to google that.  I need to look that one up.  Anyways,  there is nothing in the world like great music featuring great talent. All music is real just like all forms of art is real.  To me Dave Grohl is just as real to me as Idina Menzel.  There is nothing bad about the music of each of these two.  I know that I have written a post about real music before.  However, I never really understood why some music is labeled as soul while other music is its close "relative" R&B.  What is soul and what constitutes R&B?  That too is just hard to explain.  That too I will have to google.

No comments: