Monday, November 23, 2015

Loving to give gifts

I love giving gifts.  My hope is that they would appreciate those gifts.  To me Christmas is about holiness and giving.  I realize that there are pagan origins to the holidays but there is something about the holidays that make it special.  l think that Thanksgiving should not be forgotten either.  We as believers are to also give thanks to God for He is our Savior and our Heavenly Father.  Life is just too short to not be holy, loving, giving, or thankful.  It is sometimes hard to remember that when one has OCD.  It isn't a lonely time but Christmas keeps me distracted, but come 2016, what will happen? Now what?  I have hope for I am ever hopeful.  I give because I have learned to love and be of service to others.  I believe that is what is commanded of us to: to be holy and to love God with all of our hearts, souls, minds, and strengths.  I will not be too angry or be anxious, which will be hard, considering the OCD.  In the meantime, I will learn not to take what is given and is there to give for granted.  That would be a gift for me, if not the best gift of all.

No comments: