Friday, May 1, 2015

PCOS realization post

I realize that there are times when I have nothing to write about unless it is on another blog.  I realize and know that I need to lose weight.  I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and that does make losing weight harder.  This means that I have to work extra hard in the diet and exercise departments.  I have been having weight problems for most of my life.  I want to lose 100+ pounds, but I realize that it is a rather large undertaking considering my condition.  I was diagnosed as having this syndrome nearly seven years ago.  I gained a lot of weight in a short span.  My weight gain was not gradual.  It was climbing and climbing and climbing in a rather short period of time.  The truth is that I have gained a lot of weight partially because I gave up on myself as well.  I realize that I haven't made that much progress over the years.  I have to realize that there are complications and health risks to having Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, like insulin resistance, diabetes complications, heart attacks, and strokes.  Those are the things that I should have reminded myself of, but I have a thing for good food and being easily overwhelmed.  Those are issues that I admit that I have to work on.  This post is my light-bulb moment for today.

No comments: