Thursday, January 22, 2015

Judgment and how I should feel about people

I learned to lose all people even if I have personal problems with them.  Some people are just unlikable in my eyes.  It is also unfruitful for me to hold on to ungodly feelings about someone who Jesus died on the cross for, regardless if they are nice people or not.  It is also unfruitful for me to dislike people based on what one hears.  I am often guilty of that and I need to repent of that way of thinking.  It is no better than disliking a person just because a friend dislikes them.  That person may actually be nicer and more honest than the person one considers a friend.  It is also unfruitful to dislike a person because of gossip.  It makes sense to not like what a person does or their attitude to but to hate them for something that I have no real knowledge makes no sense.  There are supposedly two sides to every story.  I wonder how I would feel if someone judged me because of gossip and furthermore disliked me because of it.  It wouldn't feel very good yet I am not the one who is judging. Is it really biblical to love those yet hate their ways?  I am not saying hate or despise a person, but is it biblical to just love and not judge everyone since God is the only one who can judge?  After all, Jesus loves us imperfect people, so who are we to judge?  I am not sure, but there is a difference rebuke and godly judgment and being hypocritical.  Judgment is about pointing out wrongs in someone's life, but even misinterpretation is possible.  There is a difference between loving and not wishing to judge because it is not the Christian thing to do no matter what the sin is, but that is just my two cents.

No comments: