Friday, September 26, 2014

Obsessed over a fictional character which is bothersome

I am afraid of even naming the movie, but the characters and the images in the film bother me.  I want to sympathize with the characters, but I can't.  I have not read the book or watched the film.  I am not sure if I want to.  I cannot say this because I am a Christian.  It is because of the fear of exposing myself to something that is bothersome.  However, what is most bothersome is that I will obsess over a fictional character for the rest of my days.  What will happen if I ever overcome these thoughts?  What if I am never healed?  Those things scare me.  I have had these thoughts about infidelity for many years now and now I cannot imagine my life without these thoughts.  I don't have a bothersome OCD Persona to contend with.  It is all about me, so that is something I have to accept. However, I have to accept that I have not embraced this condition and I never will.  This is even scarier.  I have to stand up to these thoughts and confront my fears.  But the worst part is that they will return which is quite annoying.  I need all the help I can get.

No comments: