Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Nostalgia and turning 40

There is nothing in the world like nostalgia.  I love listening to older music that brings me back.  I realize that because of nostalgia, I listen to many kinds of music.  My tastes have grown as I have aged.  I wonder if that is a recurring theme for anyone over 35.  I will be 40 next week and I wonder how I would handle being 40.  All I know is that by 40, it is time for me to grow up.  There is nothing worse than being stuck and not learn or grow by age 40.  I would like to change a few things about me but there are times when I wouldn't change a thing.  I have also realized that though there were rough moments these 40 years, I have had great moments as well.  I am so blessed to make it and live as long as I have and for that, I am thankful.  I will keep that in mind.

No comments: