Monday, August 4, 2014

Quote for today

"To err is human; to forgive, divine."

I think that this is a good quote.  I have been mocked, bullied, and talked about.  I have also learned to forgive them, and myself.  Forgiveness is divine because it is about moving forward.  I have treated it as water under the bridge.  I do wonder about forgiveness and the godly power of forgiveness.  There are so many people who have forgiven those who have wronged them one way or another.  I don't know if Alexander Pope was wronged or anything but for him to quote this is rather interesting.  We are all flawed human beings and Jesus Christ died for all of us.  He can forgive almost any sin except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.  He said so in His word.  I also wonder judging from this quote if Alexander Pope was a believer in Christ. Judging from his biography I guess he was or he wasn't but he seemed like a rather interesting fellow.

No comments: