Tuesday, August 18, 2015

My musing about obesity and my being clinically obese

I have felt down this morning.  I woke up around 1:00 AM this morning.  I was watching a TV show about a couple of women who were obese.  Sadly, one of them passed away at a young age.  She was obese and I can only imagine what she went through.  My concern is that I will end up obese to the point where I would have greater health problems including obesity.  Not only did it bummed me out, but it became a source of motivation.  I feel like I need to relax.  I pray for those who not only are going through what I am going through, but for those who are obese.  It is sad that people judge fat and obese people.  I never understood why it is okay to laugh at people because they are fat or obese.  It is not funny because being overweight and obese carry risks such as diabetes and heart disease.  I feel bad for those who are obese, yet I want to lose weight.  At the risk of sounding shallow, I don't want to go through what many of them are going through. It is just sad that people judge others period based on a persons appearance because I feel as if we are all creations of the Lord.  Our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit.  Last time I read it, it to me, writes of holiness not of fatness, for a lack of a better term.  Obesity is not healthy and neither is just being overweight or underweight.  They all carry health risks.  However, even if someone is of a healthy weight, someone will be compared as smaller or larger than another person.  That is just the way it is.  It is up to me to carry on the struggle.  It is up to everyone, obese, overweight, or underweight, to take care of our health.  Oh well, that is all I have to write for today,.

No comments: