Sunday, August 23, 2015

Being thoughtful...being mindful

Being thoughtful is much easier than being mindful.  Interestingly enough, I wasn't sure if there was even a difference between the two.  I have spent some time thinking about that different.  Being thoughtful is about taking the time putting a thought or two as far what I can do for my fellow man or woman.  Okay one can be thoughtful about oneself.  Mindfulness is about one's surroundings.  That is reality when it comes to mindfulness.  I just wish that I knew the difference between the two.  However, it seems that both of them come from within, mindfulness is directly about one seeing their own surroundings, not their own anxiety or reality.  All truth is truth.  That to me is what mindfulness is all about.  It also seems that being thoughtful takes practice because it is about not just oneself but what it is about giving to one's fellow man or woman. Being thoughtful comes from within and it is the reason for why gifts such as gratitude and kindness exist.  I hope that I have written and given the correct definitions of being thoughtful and being mindful.

No comments: