Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Fear versus faith

I often find myself being fearful.  I am surprised that I don't fear my own shadow.  I am surprised about that. I have a knack for putting myself down.  I often refer to myself as a coward because I have so many fears and so much anxiety.  Fear is false evidence that appears real.  Faith, the opposite of fear, is the evidence of things that one cannot see, but the evidence that those things are real.  Wow.  This is the first time I finally realize that.  No matter the fearful have not been made perfected in love.  Fear has torment, but faith does not.  I realize that there is really no need to fear other people as in caring what other people think.  That has been a problem for me most of my life.  Now I realize that is a reality but it doesn't have to remain my reality. Standing up for myself and my beliefs may mean standing alone, but at least it means freedom from fear, respect, and self-love. Wow.  Why didn't I think that before?

No comments: