Monday, December 1, 2014

My tribute to actresses "of color"

I would like to take the time to remind myself and others who I hope will be reading this about those black actresses who came before us.  Black and part-black actresses like Halle Berry, Whoopi Goldberg, and numerous others whose names escape me should be thanking these ladies.  They have paved the way for countless actresses from the blaxploitation era to right now.  I wish I had heard of these ladies before.  Okay, some of them, I have heard of and have seen, but still. Here are a few of them.  I would like to watch these ladies on screen, or online.

 Fredi Washington (RIP)

 Lena Horne (RIP)

 Pam Grier

 Juanita Moore (RIP)

 Louise Beavers (RIP)

 Judy Pace

 Diana Sands (RIP)

I myself wondered what would be like if I were an actress.  It would be quite interesting.  Well anyways, there are many more actresses "of color" that I could have put up, but there are so many and too little time.  As a fan "of color" I am grateful.






No comments: