Wednesday, December 3, 2014

How to celebrate and focus on Christmas, my favorite time of the year

One thing I am thankful for is that I don't lack issues to write.  I have many views, likes, and dislikes. I have no problem with that.  It is just who I am.

For instance, I love this time of year.  It was when I discovered new songs that I still play or have on my mp3 player.  One day I would love to have an Ipod.  However, I guess I have never been one to follow the crowd.  I am just not good at "keeping up with the Joneses" or anyone else for that matter. I prefer to be myself, follow my own example, and go at it alone.  Sometimes, it is beneficial; sometimes it is not.

I just am in love with this time of year.  My anxiety is not as off the charts as it is during the rest of the year.  I am so happy this year.  I love the trees, the gifts, the pomp and circumstance, and most of all, the True Meaning of Christmas.  His name is Jesus.  While it may be the case that He was not born of a virgin on December 25, the real point was that He was born, ministered, was crucified and died for us all, conquered death, hell, and the grave, and resurrected.  He has changed not just the lives, but the destinations and souls of numerous, including mine.

I for one, believe that despite outside the pomp and circumstance, that Jesus really is the Reason for the Season.  I just don't like that many only think of Jesus on December 25 or Easter, but not beyond. Do they not believe that He is the same One who will be the Judge of all of us?  Sure He was and still is loving and kind, but one should never play around with God.  One day, all of the Christmases and the Easters will be over. Eternity is that: eternal and forever.  Maybe all of us should celebrate Christmas in that way with that mindset.

I don't like cliches.  I really don't know anyone who does.  (Life is too short is the cliche I am going to use no matter how true it is.) Anyways, it is great to celebrate, but it is better to be mindful of Who, when, what, where, and why?  Do we worship Him or do we worship the gifts and all that comes with it?  Do we give and serve others because we love Him or because it is just something we do for the holidays and all of a sudden don't do as much most of the rest of the year?  That is something that I have to keep in mind as I am not immune to being judged.  It is rather poignant sometimes to think of Christmas in that way because God earned our Respect (to put it mildly), we are to love, fear, and reverence the One who has the power to cast us all into Hell or rapture the believer to Heaven to be with Him in the New Jerusalem forever.  Whatever one's views of Christmas, that I know for certain will never change.

No comments: