Thursday, April 17, 2014

What is really faith?

I find myself with a clear mind, I guess.  I guess when a person has OCD, having a clear mind is a relief.  I know that it is for me.  I just want to know if there is something I could do about it.  I pray for peace of mind.  I seek God for guidance and strength.  Faith after all is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen.  I didn't understand what it all meant at first, but I have come to realize that with God, there is hope and that God does indeed listen.  The evidence of things not seen means that with God, all things are true and to the letter.  There is no need for error or deception.  That alone gives me great comfort and hope.  Things may appear to be hoped for because they are here, which sounds silly, but with God all things are indeed possible and those things come from the God of eternity.  That is my understanding of what faith is all about.

No comments: