Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My reflections on Randy Crawford, weddings, and future plans

 

I think that Randy Crawford is so underrated it is quite sad actually.  I have one of her albums and looking back, I wished I had played it more often.  Maybe I will play it tonight.






I wouldn't mind religious, classical, and jazz playing at my wedding.  I used to be in love with weddings and especially wedding gowns.  I remember imagining being a bride and reading bridal magazines.  I am not sure I could be a wedding planner, but what harm would that be?
I love weddings.  I love the idea of weddings. But most of all, I believe that one should marry for love.  Security and finding a common ground are very important, I agree.  I am no expert on marriage as I have never been married, but I have two good role models who have a grasp of what marriage is about.  I do wonder what it would be like to be married and remain married to someone I plan to spend the rest of my life with.
Weddings are something that used to make a single girl nervous.  I have been having thoughts about marriage, infidelity, and divorce.  I also live in a fantasy world and that may be why I have these thoughts.  I recall at one time I didn't have these thoughts and that there were things that were of greater importance, like education, family, and health.  Those things matter and still do to this day.
I wonder what it would be like to argue with the man I would one day marry.  I realized that at my age, it feels like I have missed out on so much.  I am single and while it has its perks, it is time that I marry, have kids, and have a life of my own.  I also wonder what it is like to be a mom.
I have become very spiritual when it comes to this.  Being a wife and mom seems rather hard, but according to my mom, it seems so well worth it.  Life is too short to wonder, but I do need to get out of this fantasy world and get to reality.  Reality can be cruel, but I wonder if happiness is truly what I would make it to be.


No comments: