Sunday, April 27, 2014

My 600-lb. life

I am watching a show about very obese people who are trying to regain control of their lives.  The truth is, most of them are addicts who have enablers it seems.  I pray that they do regain control of their lives by eating, being, and living healthy.  I pray this for myself too.  I am self-conscious of my weight and I have been open about it, yet I seem to know little or rather, nothing I knew to do.  The advice is simple, but that doesn't mean application of that advice is so simple.  It is true that things just don't come easy for me and that is what makes the easy so hard.  I don't want to think that something could have been done about it along the line instead of living for the now.  I don't wish to be obese in the future.  I think what would happen if I am no longer able to do things other people take for granted because of my weight.

I am watching people weighing more than myself and their stories are quite sad.  They are trapped in their own bodies.  I cannot imagine being trapped in my own body.  I realize that there are those who are like myself who have health problems due to obesity, but I am also stressed out.  I am just tired.  I want to lose about 100 lbs.  That would be a good goal for me.  I cannot imagine losing more than 35% of my weight.  I am a woman with a large frame who has never thin even as a child.  I will no longer make any excuses.  All I have are reasons for change.

No comments: