Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Psalm 23

Psalm 23
The Lord is my Shepherd
I shall not want
He maketh me to lie in green pastures
He leadeth me beside still waters
He restoreth my soul
He leadeth me
In the path of righteousness for His name sakes
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I will fear no evil for thou art with me
Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies
Thou anointest my head with oil, my cup runneth over
Surely, goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord, forever.

I remember reciting this as a kid during a presentation in front of the parents.  I was about 8 or 9 years old at the time.  I remember my parents were there and so was my brother.  Those were the days until I was 12.  My father passed away early in life.  I miss those days and those who were gone during those days.

Fast forward to now.  Psalm 23 is the one psalm I could memorize from beginning to ending.  In fact the memories and Psalm that I memorized as a kid came flooding back for me.  As a matter of fact, I believe that God wanted me to meditate on this psalm.  I realize that God is telling something.  Maybe I have nothing to worry about.  Maybe I worry too much.  I need to not doubt but to walk in faith.  Life is hard enough without faith.  Faith doesn't say that life will be easier but faith does say that there is Hope in the world.  Maybe that is what Psalm 23 is about.  It has given me peace of mind and says much about the character of God.

No comments: