Thursday, February 6, 2014

Abre Caminho by Mariene de Castro


This song takes me to Brazil, so to speak.  Well, I would like to go to Brazil and experience the culture and meet the people there.  It is not the same as going online to meet new people.  I would like to go out and meet actual people.  I would get a better sentence of seeing people for who they really are and not what I think they are.  I would be welcomed so I am told however.  This video is a fascinating song and even though sung in Portuguese, I feel a sense of connection to especially Bahia.  I am a black American and I have read about the numerous cultures of this nation.  I would like to learn about Brazil's strong African roots.  I would like to travel and get to learn about cultures.  I as an American believe that we are isolated from the rest of the world, therefore making it easier for us, despite our technological advances there.  The world is a much smaller place despite the disconnect between I have learned here from American sources and what I have learned from actual Brazilian people. 

No comments: