Friday, February 7, 2014

Acts 8:38-40

38 And he commanded the chariot to stop, and they both went down into the water, Philip and the eunuch, and he baptized him. 39 And when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried Philip away, and the eunuch saw him no more, and went on his way rejoicing. 40 But Philip found himself at Azotus, and as he passed through he preached the gospel to all the towns until he came to Caesarea.

This is an interesting verse for me because I cannot relate to that verse as well.  I have wondered if God was trying to tell me something.  Often I wake up to verses or songs in my head and I wondered if there is something out there for me.  I don't know.  Either way, this verse was of great interest to me, yet I cannot link it to my life.  I am supposed to apply each and every verse to my life, but I have wondered what is God's will concerning this particular verse.  In this verse, Phillip was baptizing an Ethiopian eunuch, who rejoiced afterward.  I wonder if this is a calling from God, to baptize others, to be baptized, or something else.  Whatever the case, I am grateful for the word that has been sent to me.

No comments: