Friday, December 27, 2013

Taking stock

I realize that I need to take a long, hard look at my life. I know that I have written various posts and said various prayers, but I have come to realize that I have to take stock of my life or else I will be stuck or worse.

I have been on meds for a long time for a variety of conditions.  It has been rough because it can be frustrating, but they are necessary for me to function.  I am overweight and I am a diabetic who is diagnosed as having PCOS.  I admit that I have not been taking care of myself over the years.

I wonder if I could accept the fact that I have bipolar disorder, then why is it so hard to have to accept that I have OCD.  Having OCD is no joke.  I have dealt with it, but that is all I had to do.  My response has always been "I can't take it anymore".  How to let the thoughts pass or embrace that I have these thoughts is very hard.

As mentioned earlier, I am overweight.  I have gained a lot of weight back and now I wonder how much of a toll my weight has taken.  I want, need, and desire to lose weight.  The problem is, I have no clear set goals. I have a lot of issues to deal with.  I need to take a lot of time to take stock of my life.  I need, want, and desire to change.

No comments: