Friday, September 6, 2013

Weight loss goals

I had to realize with a little help about my weight loss goals.  My goals are to lose 5-6 lbs for now.  I would like to weigh between 190-220 pounds at the moment.  The truth is, I am not sure how much I want to weigh because it has been years since I weighed that much.  My desire and plan is to eat between 2100 and 2150 calories per day until the 26th of this month. 

Now I need to know how to be consistent with this plan and stick with it.  I will drink only 4-6oz. of juice when needed and test blood sugar twice a day.  I am now exercising but I have to make adjustments because of back pain. But I will be okay.

Here are some mathematical formulas for me to use in order to make this plan successful:
food = medicine
calories = budget
carbohydrates = budget
exercise = fun
Here is a note.  Exercise is not a chore.  It should be fun and promote health.
I live to eat, but I should eat to live.

I have finally realized that there are some alternatives to calorie counting.  Calorie counting has become a chore and one of my weaknesses has been eating too much at night.  I have learned that eating in moderation and more often is a key alternative to calorie counting.  I also need to be mindful of the choices that I make.  Exercise more often and prepare healthier meals.  People who lose a lot of weight also write down foods eaten.  I also learned that my calorie needs may be more than previously thought.

Tomorrow, I will write about their strengths and areas of improvement, or my weaknesses.  All I have to say is that I am glad that I have more pros than cons.

No comments: