Friday, September 20, 2013

The importance of a person's character

A person's character is very important to me.  Looks are important, but not vital to a mate.  I have thought about getting married.  I am single and it is a good thing to be single but it can be lonely.  I am not going to go into what I want in a mate, but character is the most important thing.  I rather mate with an "average-looking" man with a beautiful heart and soul than a  "good-looking" man with neither a heart nor soul.  This is an example of never judging a book by its cover.  A godly person is supposed to look at the inner man and not focus so much on the outer being.  It is okay to look for a person who is physically attractive because they take care of themselves.  But a pretty package isn't an appealing present once you don't like what is inside.  Too often the world focuses on the color of one's skin instead of the color of one's heart.  We live in a world where people are divided and are a part of the problem instead of the solution to "the issue of race and skin color".  That is just an example of what I look for in a person.


No comments: