Thursday, September 5, 2013

My life

My life has become a vicious cycle of procrastination and a lack of knowledge.  The book of Hosea says that "my people suffer for a lack of knowledge"--paraphrase.  Knowledge is key and so is wisdom.  I could use a little bit of both.

I realize that my life is not in shambles, but it could be if I don't break the cycle.  I have obsessive thoughts which are not easy to deal with sometimes.  Right now, they are manageable, but that doesn't make them less annoying.  I hate to say this because every careless word and every careless though could sidetrack me.  That is a delicate balance to have to deal with every day.

It is ironic that I am writing about this since yesterday I wrote about being grateful.  To help break the cycle of procrastination and a lack of knowledge, being grateful is key.  It helps to put things in perspective that maybe it is not so big a cycle.  However, I tend to confuse myself and often accuse myself of being in denial.

The solution is to ask for wisdom and seek knowledge.  Just do what is hard, but the problem is it is easier said than done.  But I cannot wait for others to help me.  In fact, I can have support from others, but it is up to me to actually do the work.  But what good is there if I have knowledge and not enough wisdom.  So asking for wisdom would break the cycle.  That is what I did.  I am doing better and am wiser for it.


No comments: