Saturday, September 21, 2013

Spiritual warfare

Spiritual warfare is vital to the Christian.  We are not fighting flesh and blood though it seems that way sometimes.  There are so many things that the enemy throw at us like fear, doubt, and self-loathing.  I can relate.  But God has given us the weapons that we need to fight them.  I am thankful for that.

I have obsessive thoughts and mood swings that occur often.  They both can be difficult to manage.  I have a list of obsessive thoughts that I wrote earlier yet ironically I can barely read them for fear of them triggering an obsessive thought.  That is how rough my obsessive thoughts are.

I feel like giving up, but that is where spiritual warfare comes in.  There is plenty of a lack of self-esteem mixed with these thoughts and you have a candidate for spiritual warfare.  Oh, I am also a Christian dealing with those things daily.

Prayer is a strong weapon, if not the strongest weapon a believer has.  The Bible says that we are to pray without ceasing.  We have many weapons at our disposal and they have to do with prayer which has to do with faith and hope.  If we pray to the Lord in His name for guidance and for strength in this time, then He will do it. 

So I am only writing this to let the reader know that there is hope in the midst of trials.  The word also says that no weapon formed against us shall prosper.  We are not to be defeated because the devil has already been defeated.

No comments: