Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Being a doer

I find myself doing something different and doing what I love to do now and that is exercising.  It has helped me with my mind.  I feel accomplished and so much healthier.  Now only if I could eat in moderation.

Eating in moderation is quite difficult at times.  I should have eaten one serving of spaghetti and meatballs or half a sandwich.  I know that I should have written this in the diet and food blog, but I felt it is important to write here.

Why?  Because I have mused much about my eating habits and my exercise regimen.  It has been stressing me out for a long time and now it seems like I am getting the hang of things.  I have made mistakes along the way, but now I can actually be a doer.

I have lost weight with support, prayer, accountability, and being a doer.  The Bible talks about being a doer.  One who is a doer doesn't forget looking in the mirror after viewing their reflection.  It is a paraphrase of a verse that is written in the book of James.  Being a doer is being accountable and taking action.

There is nothing in the world like taking action and taking one's power back.  I have learned never, ever let anyone or anything take your power.  Fight for what is rightfully mine and never give up.  Sadly it took almost forever to realize that and now I am the better for it.

No comments: