Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Self-conscious

I love my hair.  I have become more confident about myself.  Having a teeny weeny afro is quite freeing. However, I got negative feedback for my haircut.  I care way too much what others think.  It is a sign that fear and self-esteem issues are at play.  I feel like I have been too thin-skinned and that I wanted to hide my hair from public view.  I feel better about my hair however and I don't want to hide if forever.  I had to get used to it.  I do wonder how others will feel about my hair, including my relatives.  I am too self-conscious about my appearance.  I am overweight, I have an average face, and I have very short hair.  I have always wanted to do something bold yet I have this issue with being self-conscious.  If I am "fearfully and wonderfully made", then why do I have this issue?

No comments: