Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I love to cook

Here is a secret of mine: I love to cook. 

Okay, maybe it is not.  I love baking especially for family and also for myself during the holidays.  Sometimes I wonder if I do enough cooking.  Cooking has been therapeutic for me.  My favorite foods to make are casseroles and baked goods.  I like to cook and eat healthy, which is something I should be doing anyway.

I have a love/hate relationship with food.  I love the taste, texture, and richness of foods.  But I sometimes struggle with weight gain, diabetes, hormonal issues, and binge eating.  So it doesn't always love me back.  The issue that I have is self-control.  I don't know where that stems from, but it is an issue of mine.

I hope that I don't have to deal with this issue forever, but I just might.  I am doing better with the self-control issue.  Knowing myself and my habits are keys to having self-control, even when doing what one loves.  I love to cook, but sometimes I do cook too much for one or two people.  This could lead to temptation to eat more foods or throwing away what I don't eat.  Neither option is good.  So, since neither option is good, I wonder what I should do.

That is what I do all day, everyday.  I am a thinking person and I love to muse.  Reflections of how things are and how they used to be are among the things I do during the day.  This blog has helped me to realize that there are things that maybe I haven't thought about, like cooking and food.  Should I be a foodie?  Should I start a business?  I do wonder what I should do and how to muse about that.

No comments: