Saturday, July 27, 2013

Light bulb moments

I am optimistic that turns will turn out well, especially where obsessive thoughts are concerned.  I have been having issues with obsessive thoughts and I have come to accept that thoughts will come.  It is what I do with them that is important.  I have learned that in the grand scheme of things, those things are not the big deal my mind says they are.  I just have to let the thoughts pass, as hard as that is.  I even have obsessive thoughts about fictional characters.  The fictional characters are cheating or are usually cheated on and that is not a pleasant feeling.  I in reality don't care, but I would be lying if my mind doesn't make me care.  They produce feelings in me that I don't like like hatred, anger, or just being plain upset.  I hate having those feelings and I wonder if I don't feel that way about people in the subconscious.  It is as if I hate to have those feelings that other people have about a situation, if that makes any sense. 

There was another light bulb moment that I had and that was about my weight.  I allowed the stress to upset me and thus I failed to see the real issue, which was my impatience about my weight.  It has been slow because I lose on average less than a pound a week.  I had to change my diet and my mindset.  I also need to take better care of myself and I need to be even more active than I am now.  I haven't always eaten in moderation and that is my fault.

I take full responsibility for my actions and for my health.  I didn't have a healthy mind or mindset.  Neither do I have the healthy body.  I had a light bulb moment about a lifestyle change where I take better care of myself.  I have been self-conscious about my body and I would like to change that.  I also don't have the highest self esteem.  I would like to change my attitude and my mindset, which are the biggest issues.  The issue was what was really eating me and it was the stress that I put on myself.

I hope that I can use what I have learned as motivation so that I can lose the weight and keep it off.

No comments: