Sunday, July 28, 2013

How easy is it to lose weight?

Yesterday I had another light bulb moment.  It is that losing weight is easier than I thought.  That is, if only I would put my mind to actually losing the weight.  I have fears about losing weight which I need to overcome.

Thinking that putting my mind into something is a great way to motivate someone.  That in turn makes me hopeful.

What also makes me hopeful is being grateful.  It clears my head and helps me to see what is important.  I am grateful that I lost weight.  I lost almost 30 lbs.  I feel so much better about not only losing the weight, but also that I am proud of the fact that I stuck it out and never truly gave up.  However, it was hard for me to go on and hard for me to give up.  I would be only hurting myself if I did give up.

I am glad that I did not give up.  I thought that I had to think of the alternative, which is to stay stressed and still stick it out.  So sticking it out was better to me than giving up, eating, struggling, eating, and starting all over again.  I lost all of this weight only to gain it back?  No way.  That was not going to happen.

Thanks be to God that I am on track.  I don't want to really type this, but this is really going to be a struggle.  I feel that I am doing so much better but I have a long way to go.  I want to lose an extra 70+ pounds and I am on a smoother path.  I think that losing the weight will be much, much easier.  I am motivated and more than willing to do the work that I need to do to lose weight.

No comments: