Thursday, July 25, 2013

Divorce

I wish I knew about relationships between men and women from a personal standpoint, but I don't.  I am not in a relationship but I know what is right and what is wrong.  Infidelity is wrong, fornication is wrong, and every other form of disrespecting your spouse.  It is sad that some men and women cannot trust their own spouses, the person they share their homes and families with.  I wish that all of us would take marriage seriously, but many don't. 

It has been on my mind since I have read about a famous person who may be going through a rough divorce with his soon to be ex-wife.  The saddest thing is that they have children together.  Is there a selfishness when it comes to this issue?  I don't know, but one thing is for sure:  the children come first.

Divorce is not something God takes lightly and neither does marriage.  I guess marriage is hard.  This is a sad state of affairs with no-fault divorces and the seemingly increasing divide between men and women.  This story upset me because of the lack of trust and respect between the spouses.  It is even worse when there are children involved.  I wonder how people have become so selfish.  I wonder a lot of things.  But the answer is sin.  Sin is lawlessness.  It is breaking God's laws yet we are all sinful beings.  Everyone except Jesus has walked on this planet has been and are sinners. 

Some of us are struggling with sin to this day.  Divorce is ugly, regardless if it is amicable or not.  I am a romantic and it is sad when a couple splits up.  It is so sad.  Divorce isn't always the answer to one's marital problems.

No comments: