Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Developing a social life

I need to get out more.  How do I go about getting out more?  It is a good thing for me.  In fact, getting out more is a good thing for everyone.  I have been more of a loner for much of my life.  I have gotten used to it but over time, there are things that I wished to have done.

 I am not sure how I will get to that point with what I do have.  How should I practice talking to people?  My limits prevent me from doing so, but what are my limits?  I am a shy person and having a bunch of people looking at me especially is scary.  But the upside is at least they are paying attention.  I am not good at handling social situations well and conflict is something that I need to work on.

I am passive agressive which means what it says.  I am passive and aggressive.  There is no middle ground.  I don't have much of an idea how to assert myself without coming across as someone who is rude.  I care way too much what others think of me.  I have had that struggle for years.  With the world as it is, it is an even scarier place than it is for most.

So where should I begin?

No comments: